As COVID-19 continues to spread rapidly around the globe, the pandemic has unfortunately impacted the lives and well-being of many people. In these extraordinary times, York Hotel Singapore remains committed to ensuring the well-being and safety of our valuable guests and team members are of our highest priority.
In June 2020, we were awarded the SG Clean quality mark in recognition of our commitment to upholding good sanitisation and hygiene practices. This certification is awarded to us after being audited by an independent assessor and is backed by government agencies such as National Environment Agency (NEA), Enterprise Singapore (ESG), Singapore Tourism Board (STB), and Singapore Food Agency (SFA).
The SG Clean campaign is a government effort to rally businesses and the public to adopt good personal habits and social responsibility to keep Singapore clean and safe.
We have put in place a multipronged action plan, including mandatory training designed to meet the safety and health challenges presented by COVID-19. The hotel has also appointed in-house Safe Management Officers along with a special task force from various business units responsible for the hotel’s adherence to new operational guidance and protocols.
With an array of safety and health measures in place, you will be assured to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome you back to a safe and clean hotel environment.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we have implemented.
PERMISSIBLE GROUP SIZE FOR LEISURE STAY
- The permissible group size in the room shall not exceed the maximum occupant capacity of the respective room type as per our hotel’s policy
CLEANING AND SANITISATION
- We adopt the highest standard in cleaning and disinfecting high traffic customer service touchpoints. Hand sanitisers are prominently placed throughout employee areas, reception desk, lifts and entrances. All high touch areas such as remote controls in the guestrooms, door handles, lift buttons, reception, and sofas will be deep cleaned and sanitised frequently. All cleaning activities will be recorded in the cleaning log after completion.
- Our team members have been guided on the correct hand-washing techniques and are reminded of the importance of good hygiene. All chefs are required to wash and sanitise their hands frequently.
MASKS AND GLOVES
- We have a ready supply of masks and gloves for all team members and they are required to wear them for hygiene and safety purposes.
IN-ROOM DINING SERVICE
- Request for meals to be delivered via In-room dining service will be handled with great care and minimal contact.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Dine-in at White Rose Café permits only fully vaccinated diners*. You may wish to visit https://www.yorkhotel.com.sg/dining-promotion.html to find out more about our dining promotions. *Refers to an individual who has received the full regime of the Pfizer-BioNTech / Cominatry, Moderna or WHO-EUL vaccine and waited an additional two weeks for the vaccine to be effective before the expected event and reflected in the TraceTogether or HealthHub App.
- As the restaurant is in an indoor setting, please ensure you remain masked up except when drinking or eating.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- In adherence to the authority’s latest rules and regulations on COVID-19 for meetings and events, Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures in Singapore (VDS) is applicable only for events with more than 500 participants.
- Event venues will be deeply sanitised before the arrival of the guests and after the departure of guests.
- We encourage the use of e-payment methods such as Scan & Pay and PayWave for a contactless experience.
OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
- As part of our Safe Management measures, our vendors, suppliers as well as delivery personnel are required to comply with social distancing measures, SafeEntry check-in, and check-out and temperature checks when they are in the hotel’s premises.
During this uncertain time of the COVID-19, it is imperative to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. It is in this spirit of unity that will help us to overcome challenges. York Hotel is well-prepared and is dedicated to adhering to universal precautions and cleaning protocols so that you can enjoy peace of mind when you plan your future stay with us.
Updated on June 19, 2020
Revised on April 25, 2022