As COVID-19 continues to spread rapidly around the globe, the pandemic has unfortunately impacted the lives and well-being of many people. In these extraordinary times, York Hotel Singapore remains committed to ensuring the well-being and safety of our valuable guests and team members are of our highest priority.
In June 2020, we were awarded the SG Clean quality mark in recognition of our commitment to upholding good sanitisation and hygiene practices. This certification is awarded to us after being audited by an independent assessor and is backed by government agencies such as National Environment Agency (NEA), Enterprise Singapore (ESG), Singapore Tourism Board (STB), and Singapore Food Agency (SFA).
The SG Clean campaign is a government effort to rally businesses and the public to adopt good personal habits and social responsibility to keep Singapore clean and safe.
We have put in place a multipronged action plan, including mandatory training designed to meet the safety and health challenges presented by COVID-19. The hotel has also appointed in-house Safe Management Officers along with a special task force from various business units responsible for the hotel’s adherence to new operational guidance and protocols.
With an array of safety and health measures in place, you will be assured to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome you back to a safe and clean hotel environment.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we have implemented.
- Following regulatory requirements, stricter social and physical distancing measures are in place. We have limited the number of guests in enclosed spaces. Floor markings will be used as a guide, while furniture at various interaction points has been reconfigured to maintain appropriate spacing.
- To keep you informed on the recommended public health guidelines, including social distancing, we have signages displayed in visible areas of the hotel.
- Our team members are required to adhere to Safe Management Measures at the workplace and reduce physical interaction among colleagues within and outside of the workplace.
MAXIMUM PERMISSIBLE GROUP SIZE UNDER THE CONTROL ORDER
- Under the maximum permissible group size of the Control Order, guests booked for leisure purpose must not have more than 2 individuals (including guests and visitors) in the same room in a single stay, unless the individuals are from the same household and also subject to the maximum capacity of the guestrooms. The Singapore government takes a serious view on any non-compliance and under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act, first-time offenders may be fined up to S$10,000, imprisoned up to six (6) months, or both. Repeat offenders may be fined up to S$20,000, imprisoned up to twelve (12) months, or both. All visitors are required to present themselves at the front desk for registration before being allowed entry to the guest room.
TEMPERATURE AND WELLBEING CHECKS
- Contactless temperature screening is conducted at our entrances. Individuals with a temperature of 37.4°C and above will be denied access to the hotel. We are also monitoring the temperature of our employees twice a day.
CLEANING AND SANITISATION
- We adopt the highest standard in cleaning and disinfecting high traffic customer service touchpoints. Hand sanitisers are prominently placed throughout employee areas, reception desk, lifts and entrances. All high touch areas such as remote controls in the guestrooms, door handles, lift buttons, reception, and sofas will be deep cleaned and sanitised frequently. All cleaning activities will be recorded in the cleaning log after completion.
- Our team members have been guided on the correct hand-washing techniques and are reminded of the importance of good hygiene. All chefs are required to wash and sanitise their hands frequently.
MASKS AND GLOVES
- We have a ready supply of masks and gloves for all team members and they are required to wear them for hygiene and safety purposes.
IN-ROOM DINING SERVICE
- Request for meals to be delivered via In-room dining service will be handled with great care and minimal contact.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Dine-in at White Rose Café will be permitted to 2 fully vaccinated diners* per table. Children aged 12 years and below may be included within the group of up to 2 individuals if they are from the same household. Takeaway and delivery options remain available during this period. Sale or consumption of alcohol and liquor is available between 7.00a.m. and 10.30p.m. You may wish to visit https://www.yorkhotel.com.sg/dining-promotion.html to find out more about our dining promotions. *Refers to an individual who has received the full regime of the Pfizer-BioNTech / Cominatry, Moderna or WHO-EUL vaccine and waited an additional two weeks for the vaccine to be effective before the expected event and reflected in the TraceTogether or HealthHub App.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- In adherence to the authority’s latest rules and regulations on COVID-19, all meetings and events continue to be limited to 50 attendees in a group based on the hotel’s function space capacities and physical distancing measures of 1 meter between tables. The seating arrangement will be based on up to a maximum seating capacity in each room.
- Marriage solemnisations and wedding receptions with up to 100 persons, including the couple (excluding the Solemniser and vendors) will be allowed, subject to pre-event testing, adherence to all safe management measures, and vaccination requirements.
- Temperature check will be conducted on all event attendees upon entering the premises, all guests and visitors are required to check in via TraceTogether-Only SafeEntry effective 17 May 2021. Guests entering the hotel are required to scan the QR code with their TraceTogether App, display one's TraceTogether token to our staff for scanning or tap on one's TraceTogether App or token at a SafeEntry Gateway device. Our staff will also be present to assist guests with the check-in process.
- Event venues will be deeply sanitised before the arrival of the guests and after the departure of guests.
- We encourage the use of e-payment methods such as Scan & Pay and PayWave for a contactless experience.
OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
- As part of our Safe Management measures, our vendors, suppliers as well as delivery personnel are required to comply with social distancing measures, SafeEntry check-in, and check-out and temperature checks when they are in the hotel’s premises.
During this uncertain time of the COVID-19, it is imperative to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. It is in this spirit of unity that will help us to overcome challenges. York Hotel is well-prepared and is dedicated to adhering to universal precautions and cleaning protocols so that you can enjoy peace of mind when you plan your future stay with us.
Updated on June 19, 2020
Revised on September 27, 2021