As COVID-19 continues to spread rapidly around the globe, the pandemic has unfortunately impacted the lives and well-being of many people. In these extraordinary times, York Hotel Singapore remains committed to ensuring the well-being and safety of our valuable guests and team members are of our highest priority.
In June 2020, we were awarded the SG Clean quality mark in recognition of our commitment to upholding good sanitisation and hygiene practices. This certification is awarded to us after being audited by an independent assessor and is backed by government agencies such as National Environment Agency (NEA), Enterprise Singapore (ESG), Singapore Tourism Board (STB), and Singapore Food Agency (SFA).
The SG Clean campaign is a government effort to rally businesses and the public to adopt good personal habits and social responsibility to keep Singapore clean.
We have put in place a multipronged action plan, including mandatory training designed to meet the safety and health challenges presented by COVID-19. The hotel has also appointed in-house Safe Management Officers along with a special task force from various business units responsible for the hotel’s adherence to new operational guidance and protocols.
With an array of safety and health measures in place, you will be assured to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome you back to a safe and clean hotel environment.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we have implemented.
- Following regulatory requirements, stricter social and physical distancing measures are in place. We have limited the number of guests in enclosed spaces. Floor markings will be used as a guide, while furniture at various interaction points has been reconfigured to maintain appropriate spacing.
- To keep you informed on the recommended public health guidelines, including social distancing, we have signages displayed in visible areas of the hotel.
- Our team members are required to adhere to Safe Management Measures at the workplace and reduce physical interaction among colleagues within and outside of the workplace.
TEMPERATURE AND WELLBEING CHECKS
- Contactless temperature screening is conducted at our entrances. Individuals with a temperature of 37.4°C and above will be denied access to the hotel. We are also monitoring the temperature of our employees twice a day.
CLEANING AND SANITISATION
- We adopt the highest standard in cleaning and disinfecting high traffic customer service touchpoints. Hand sanitisers are prominently placed throughout employee areas, and entrances. We will continue to increase the frequencies in the deep cleaning and sanitisation of high touch areas such as remote controls in the guestrooms, door handles, lift buttons, reception, and sofas minimum thrice daily. All cleaning activities will be recorded in the cleaning log after completion.
- Our team members have been guided on the correct hand-washing techniques and are reminded of the importance of good hygiene. All chefs are required to wash and sanitise their hands frequently.
MASKS AND GLOVES
- We have a ready supply of masks and gloves for all team members and they are required to wear them for hygiene and safety purposes.
- Request for meals to be delivered via In-room dining service will be handled with great care and minimal contact.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- From 16 May to 13 June, 2021, dine-in at White Rose Café will be temporarily suspended. Takeaway and delivery options will be available during this period. Sale or consumption of alcohol and liquor is available between 7.00a.m. and 10.30p.m. You may wish to visit https://www.yorkhotel.com.sg/dining-promotion.html to find out more about our dining promotions.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- In view of safe distancing, all work-related events continue to be limited to 50 guests in a group, subject to a distance of at least one meter between any two individuals until further directives from the relevant authorities. Marriage solemnisations with up to 250 persons including the couple (excluding the Solemniser and vendors) will be allowed to take place, subject to pre-event testing and adherence to all safe management measures. The hotel’s function space capacities are also based on the physical distancing measures of 1 meter between tables, and seats which permit up to a maximum capacity of 100 guests in each room.
- Temperature check will be conducted on all event attendees upon entering the premises, all guests and visitors are required to check in via TraceTogether-Only SafeEntry effective 17 May 2021. Guests entering the hotel are required to scan the QR code with their TraceTogether App, display one's TraceTogether token to our staff for scanning or tap on one's TraceTogether App or token at a SafeEntry Gateway device. Our staff will also be present to assist guests with the check-in process.
- Event venues will be deeply sanitised before the arrival of the guests and after the departure of guests.
- We encourage the use of e-payment methods such as Scan & Pay and PayWave for a contactless experience.
OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
- As part of our Safe Management measures, our vendors, suppliers as well as delivery personnel are required to comply with social distancing measures, SafeEntry check-in, and check-out and temperature checks when they are in the hotel’s premises.
During this uncertain time of the COVID-19, it is imperative to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. It is in this spirit of unity that will help us to overcome challenges. York Hotel is well-prepared and is dedicated to adhering to universal precautions and cleaning protocols so that you can enjoy peace of mind when you plan your future stay with us.
Updated on June 19, 2020
Revised on May 14, 2021